2.08.2013

Five Irish favourites.

I made it! I am here! It has been one week in gorgeous Dublin, and I am just finally figuring this city out. Thus far I have enjoyed aimlessly walking the windy streets, exploring the incredibly lush parks, essentially getting wonderfully lost. It really is so exciting to be in this new country. I am curious and anxious to soak it all in.

This post is later than intended due to my aversion to taking my camera out in the rain. However, I have quickly learnt that if you hold out for sunshine, you could be waiting for weeks. Here is to embracing running in a downpour, frizzy rain kissed hair, and living in rubber boots.

With that, the first of a new series, "Five Irish Favourites." Five images of the things I was excited to discover this past week.
Phoenix Park

Imagine my excitement in learning my new apartment is located directly across from the largest city park in all of Europe, (a huge thank you to F for finding our cozy home). At 707 hectares, (or 1700 acres), this lush area is three times the size of Central Park, and covered with running trails. Conceived as a Royal deer park, it is now home to over 100 wild fallow deer. I am in love with this park, morning runs feel like a gift.

The Guinness Brewery. Conveniently located right across the street from my bus stop.

Temple Bar

This infamous downtown area is just a quick bus ride or walk from home. The windy cobblestone streets are home to pub, after pub, after pub, each packed to max capacity and boasting live Irish music on the weekends. Exactly how you imagine Dublin.

My first beer in Ireland. Gasp, not Guinness.

Amazing seats at the football game.

S' boyfriend has season tickets for the Republic of Ireland football games, lucky us! The match against Poland was so fun; spent meeting new Irish friends, discovering just how many Polish immigrants are in Ireland, and cheering for the boys in green. (2-0 Ireland).

This week was full of so many firsts, making it near impossible to limit myself to five favorites. My mind is overflowing with exciting new discoveries and of course frustrated bouts of confusion, but more to come next Friday! Ireland and I, we're going to get along just fine. My restless, roaming spirit is so content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...